Wednesday, June 1, 2016

it was a Jolly Holiday

not a great pic, as I only had my phone, but the scenery was gorgeous on our hike

I definitely wasn't ready to head back to work Tuesday morning after an extra long weekend. It's hard to believe how much can be packed into four days away from the office: a visit to farmers' market, a funeral, an afternoon with the nieces and nephew (and brother and sister-in-law) at the park, two church services, a few hours on the phone with family, two (yes TWO!) wedding engagements (one roomie, one former roomie), breakfast together with friends, the local Memorial Day parade passing in front of our house, a four-hour hike on the Appalachian Trail, a cook-out, and... um... too many little bowls of Turkey Hill ice cream (I think I may have mentioned the recent ridiculous sale on ice cream. Good thing that was a once-in-forever sale! ha.). I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment