Wednesday, February 15, 2017

snow morning


Last week we had a little snow delay one morning,
(first proper snow of the season here in Pennsylvania!)


So I made pumpkin waffles.

Yummy!

If you'd like to make your own pumpkin waffles,
here's the recipe I used (adapted from Savory Nothings):

Pumpkin Waffles
2 cups flour (I used half white and half white-whole-wheat)
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
Nutmeg and cloves to taste

1 cup pumpkin purée (from Michigan pumpkins, of course)
3 Tablespoons butter melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, wisked
1 and 1/2 cups milk

Optional and yummy: 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts


Combine wet and dry ingredients, add nuts (optional), and cook on a hot waffle iron. 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These sound wonderful but these days I feel like I'm doing good if I make pumpkin waffles with the mix Trader Joe's sells in the fall ... But I do have an "super quick" kitchen creation I have been meaning to send you... mash a banana, whip two eggs, stir together and fry. It is kind of like a flour-less pancake. Let me know what you think if you try it. :)

    ReplyDelete