Saturday, November 11, 2017

Pumpkin Pie


Last weekend I cooked a pumpkin and baked a pie.

It was incredible.


I used Mom's recipe, which goes something like this
(I altered the spice amounts):

Pumpkin Pie

2 cups (1 pint) pumpkin puree
1 can (the standard size) evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
salt

Wisk together all ingredients and pour into a chilled pie shell.
Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, and then 350F for another 45 minutes or until the pie tests done.
Makes one delicious pie.

2 comments:

  1. You should be a food blogger! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. We had pie from the store...the crust wasn't so good but the filling was delicious. When I looked at the receipt I noticed it wasn't pumpkin pie after all but rather sweet potato pie.

    ReplyDelete