Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The God Who Won't Stay Away

current sermon series: The God Who Won't Stay Away

I cried giant sobs for half an hour after church Sunday morning,
feeling emotions of Jesus' last week on earth ripping through my body:
His story, The Story, is full of
so much pain, such purity,
broken humanity, eternal forgiveness...

Unbelievable Mercy for my 
desperately unworthy soul.

This God who won't stay away loves, redeems, transforms.
He creates and restores beauty.
He builds and blesses and forgives.

and...
He loves me.
He loves me.

He loves me,

unworthy (so horribly unworthy) and broken me.

All week I've been pulled closer and closer to this God who
won't.stay.away.


Somehow, His deeply satisfying presence seems like an extra special gift during Holy Week.




Sadly, you missed out on the special choir service following the sermon (no recording online).

No comments:

Post a Comment