Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Painting Pictures of Egypt* [pro.cess.ing]


I’m in Colorado for a week long “reunion of strangers” (I borrowed those words from a friend). The technical term for this week’s program is DAR (Debrief And Renewal). It’s a time to hear stories, to connect with friends who share the experience of living cross-culturally, to process, pray, rest, rejuvenate.


This week has been a gift in so many ways—the chocolate on the pillow the first evening, the fireplace and quiet setting, the endless hot-drink bar, the sweet company, the snow-covered pine trees… time away from work, kindred spirits, hot showers… oh so many gifts!


my meeting room

We share memories. Good times. Bad times.
(We’re honest)

And in the grief and joy,
We share renewal.

And we find God to be true and faithful
-just as He promises.




Another gift this week has been seeing a “real” mountain every day from the huge dining room windows! Pike’s Peak is amazing and so beautiful.

(real mountain = snow covered… not the hills of Pennsylvania)

Pike's Peak




2 comments:

  1. Can I come? I haven't traveled internationally, but I do deal cross-culturally, and I feel the need for rest and rejuvenation.

    I have a week of break next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this was a good experience for you.

    ReplyDelete