Wednesday, February 18, 2015

remember this gal?

Me and Heather on the Zambezi- October 2013

Once upon a time Heather and I signed up for a year together in Zambia.
We didn't know each other before we moved across the ocean.
not. at. all.

So we sent a few emails back-and-forth before our departure,
sharing
a few of our favorite things.

We discovered...
we both love MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM!

But, Heather was aghast to learn that I
-way over in Michigan land-
had never before heard of
Philly-style-white-mint-chocolate-chip
ice cream.

Heather insists said flavor is the BEST the world over
(and this gal has trekked a good bit of the globe).

In that first email exchange in the summer of 2012,
Heather and I agreed that one day I would come to Pennsylvania...
and she would introduce me to her favorite
mint chocolate ice cream.


AND...
She did.

Last Saturday, Heather braved the elements,
[there were Pa-Ingalls-style-blizzard snow squalls and zero-ish temps]
and came to our halfahouse,

and we shared
the BEST!

it was worth our 2.5 year date wait.



If you want some too... here's what to buy:

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to reunite! And did she also come bearing peppermint sticks, tin cups, and sweet potatoes?:-)

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's way too cold for ice cream!
    (I think I've had that at Joel and Judith's)

    ReplyDelete