Friday, May 8, 2015

Sisters Are Best!


When I found out I would be driving to Canada solo for last week's training, I was, well... pretty much the opposite of excited at the thought of driving 900 miles of unfamiliar roads.

In my bummed state I sent an email to my big sister asking if she wanted to join me in Canada (she LOVES the northland).

What started out as mostly a fantasy idea turned into a wonderful, fabulous, delightful weekend in Niagara Falls with two of my sisters and one of our close friends.

After my training was finished Friday afternoon I drove south to Niagara Falls, Ontario.

After Libby's morning class at MSU, she drove north to Midland. As soon as Libby arrived, she and Amy proceeded to drive south and east to cross into Canada. (We won't mention the paperwork frenzy for the border crossing or the fact that L and A had nearly reached Toronto when they realized the QEW highway has a "V"...)

What I will mention is the 18,000+ steps we strolled on Saturday, the quality sister time we soaked and soaked up, our multi-ethnic dining experiences (Lebanese, Mexican, and Greek)... and the fact that Amy's bed sheets didn't match the paint color on the walls in her room....

(Okay, so maybe that last item was extra info. Our bed and breakfast was lovely and perfect for our weekend.)

The weather was gorgeous. I still needed a coat, gloves, and a scarf for our evening visits to the Falls, but the days were sunny and picnic-perfect.




Our weekend together was incredibly special. It made the long solo drive the previous weekend seem almost bearable. It made the long solo drive back to Pennsylvania worth it.

My stomach was in knots Sunday morning during the sermon-- because I didn't want to say goodbye.



Sunday afternoon came way too soon. We said goodbyes and all drove home-- two vehicles to Michigan (5.5hrs) and one to Pennsylvania (6.5hrs).















there were a few others at the Falls too...

We want to visit Niagara again sometime-- in a few months when tourist season has passed :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time....when you visit next time make plans to visit the little town "Niagara on the Lake" (if you haven't been there already). I fell in love with that little place...full of art galleries and live theatre....when Grandma and Grandpa and I visited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot to mention the wonderful exchange rate between US and Canadian dollars.

      Delete
  2. http://www.niagarafallstourism.com/about/niagara-on-the-lake/

    ReplyDelete