Tuesday, October 13, 2015

collector's item-?


Yesterday was a sad day.
I removed my Michigan license plate from my car.

Tomorrow my Impala has a date with the mechanic shop while I'm at work...
I hope it will pass the Pennsylvania inspections.

The happy part of this sad story is that hopefully very soon I will not have to do any more paperwork to switch my vehicle information between states.

It has been almost as difficult to try to license my car in Pennsylvania as it was to license vehicles in Zambia.
(that is not a joke or an overstatement)
Since last Spring, I have made countless trips to different offices with a sundry of official documents... proving my identity, displaying my VIN, asking new friends how things work in this foreign place, and of course paying money all along the way.
I was finally able to secure local insurance several weeks back, and a license plate last month.
I am still waiting for my official title to arrive in the mail.

As I unscrewed my Michigan plate last night (thanks to a screwdriver in my inheritance tool box from Grandpa's garage), I realized this could be the start a license plate collection in my garage...
but, I don't really want a license plate collection in my garage.

So, maybe I'll just see if my brother would like some aluminum for deterring mice in the granary...
or maybe I'll just leave the old plate in a garbage can in the alley next Monday...

PS- In Pennsylvania, license plate dates do not match the birthday month of the vehicle owner. I always liked having December proudly displayed on my car...

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same sadness when I switched plates from Texas to Oklahoma. 😔

    --Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humm... I guess I'm more prone to like my plate if it "looks pretty". AZ has a nice looking plate.

    ReplyDelete