Friday, November 13, 2015

Figgy Fave

Remember how I used to periodically share about some of my favorite Zambian treats?

Well...

Here's one of my (current) favorite American treats:

Nature's Bakery fig bars (so far I've tried original, blueberry, apricot, and raspberry-- all are yummy!)


Reason's to love Nature's Bakery fig bars:
  • they're made with natural ingredients like stone-ground wheat, real figs (wonder of wonders!), and cane sugar (as opposed to high fructose corn syrup)
  • they're affordable (six packages in each box-- less than $3 for a box at Walmart)
  • there are two treats in each wrapper!
  • plus... whole wheat paired with dried figs yields a fabulous texture/flavor combo
  • oh- and- extra bonus: the packaging is fun :)

(we didn't have figs in Zambia, and at one point I realized I had forgotten about fig bars! gasp! A perk of life in the States is once again enjoying figs.)




ps- The opinions shared in this post are 100% my own; I was not compensated for (nor -sadly- did I receive free fig bars as a result of...) reviewing Nature's Bakery fig bars ;)

3 comments:

  1. Look delightful :) get them in Midland? Found at Krogers in Ann Arbor near JZ but would like to find closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found them at Walmart in PA-- not sure if the Midland store would stock them. We don't have Meijer here, but maybe they stock this brand-?

      Delete
  2. OK...they are now on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete