Saturday, April 9, 2016

Granola Bars


My friend from Washington told me about the "Granolas" who live in that area...
I think if I lived in Washington, I might be labeled a "Granola."

I love trail hikes
and nuts and fruit and chocolate-- and granola.

and... (naturally) granola bars.



yummy.yummy.


For the most part, I follow the recipe exactly (last time I decreased the sugar to 2 Tablespoons, and still found the bars plenty sweet enough). The bars in the picture have dried cranberries, cashews, almonds, and chocolate. I used coconut oil for the fat.


These bars are easy to make, and even easier to eat!
I like to keep them in the freezer to spread out the goodness. 
Plus, this recipe makes a lot of bars for one person.


2 comments:

  1. I made this granola bar recipe this week. I did add chopped dried cherries, mini chocolate chips and chopped peanuts. They were really good. Logan even gave his stamp of approval. I especially like having puffed rice in granola bars.
    http://daughterwithavision.blogspot.com/2013/10/guest-postcooking-with-allison.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those look yummy too... and they must be if Logan gave his stamp of approval! Thanks for the link.

      Delete