Thursday, January 12, 2017

If you give a Cookie a snow delay...


...Chances are she'll want to make a pan of cinnamon rolls to share at the office.


On Tuesday, Amy texted me happy news: school in Michigan was delayed until noon due to a winter storm.
Trailing behind the initial happy text were updates on her cinnamon-roll-making.

Sandy (my coworker) and I read each ensuing photo text with drooling delight...
{and, yes, jealousy}

Inspired by Amy's snow-day baking, and wishing for an opportunity to make some snow-day cinnamon rolls of my own, I sent one of Amy's photos to my supervisor and asked if he could please schedule a morning snow delay soon, as I would like to make cinnamon rolls.

My supervisor wrote back:
"Consider it done."

The very next morning at 6am I received a text bearing news of a two hour ice delay at the office!
I rushed out of bed and into the kitchen.

It just so happened to be the first day in weeks that I left my computer at the office, making working remotely an extra challenge...
so instead of answering emails and crunching numbers on my laptop from 8-10am on Wednesday,

I baked cinnamon rolls and cleaned the bathroom.



Now that is a proper winter weather morning!

1 comment: