Monday, July 24, 2017

Blueberry Coconut Muffins


I used the last of my fresh blueberries from Michigan to make these muffins last week. Thanks to Susanna's recent move to Morocco, we had her leftover coconut in the pantry to use :). I don't think I've ever made blueberry coconut muffins, but they are yummy!

Since you probably want some too, here's the recipe:

2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1/4 c sugar (this is the amount of sugar I used, which is decreased from the original recipe, but which was a perfect amount to me)
3/4 t salt 

1 egg
1 c milk
1/4 c coconut oil (melted) --I'm sure butter or oil would work too 

Fold in:
1 1/2 c blueberries
1/2 c coconut (I used unsweetened flakes) 

Combine using standard muffin method (wet, dry, together). 
I sprinkled some coconut on top which looked pretty.  

Bake 15-20 minutes at 400F 

Makes 12
(Be sure to spray the pan or liners)

No comments:

Post a Comment