Friday, July 28, 2017

each shore veg he's* {a mad gab}


Despite popular Pinterest techniques, my lunches don't fit in perfectly portioned boxes magically and meticulously packed once a week in an hour-long crazy kitchen flash.

Healthy eating is definitely not magical for me. It takes planning, smart shopping, energy, and will power (if I didn't know that vegetables were healthy and provide necessary nutrients to my body, I would probably eat very few of them!). My lunches, while usually well-selected, and often fairly healthy, are typically served in Rubbermaid and Pyrex containers, and are chosen more for their content than their eye-appeal. It's not that I dislike a beautiful lunch-- oh no, I love me a fresh, appetizing, healthy spread... but for now, the extra touch of special arrangements is simply an added bonus that sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't.

When I opened this recent lunch box at work and grabbed a few veggies before running off to a noon meeting, I found it impressively picture-worthy. 
(not pictured: free range hard boiled egg from Libby's chickens) 


One of the many things I love about summer is the abundance of FRESH yumminess.


*Eat your veggies (mad gab)

No comments:

Post a Comment