Sunday, August 13, 2017

Kaelyn's Baptism



Along with her parents and siblings, Grandpa and Grandma (Dad and Mom), Grammy, Aunt Naomi, Aunt Kendra, Uncle Merle, and I all had the privilege of witnessing Kaelyn's recent baptism. It was a joy to celebrate her continued decision to follow Jesus and know Him more.

Somehow it doesn't seem like over 20 years ago since I was the little person being baptized...

I clearly remember several things from my baptism-- one of which was being laughed at by the congregation when I shared my testimony. I couldn't remember the exact date I gave my heart to Jesus, so I said it was "a long time ago when I was really little." 
[I still don't think it's funny.] 

Another baptism memory is Pastor Dwight calling Mom a few days before my baptism so he could make sure the water in the baptismal wasn't filled to too high to cover my head! 

No comments:

Post a Comment