Monday, August 14, 2017

last month I went to Michigan



It's only the second time in five summers I was home for our annual family camping staycation over the 4th of July. Highlights included kayaking on Lake Huron from Port Austin (sadly I didn't complete the trip to Turnip Rock; I settled on viewing an online Google image of the rock instead), visiting farmers' market, catching up with a childhood friend who just moved back to the area, playing with baby Abel, and taking the tandem out for a little spin near Houghton Lake.



the littles, sharing Aunt Amy's coffee drink

the country bumpkins are here!




the largest ice cream cones in the lower peninsula...
no joking!



I wanted to show Pennsylvanians what "real" blueberry fields look like.

A little bit of Pure Michigan goodness to take back to Pennsylvania.

1 comment: