Thursday, September 28, 2017

a Mitten full of ice cream

Josh and Betsy have wanted to introduce me to their favorite Bay City ice cream shop,
Mama Lupo's for over a year now...
Mama Lupo's ice cream is indeed a tasty treat.
Their extra cold freezers yield an extra firm scoop--
an excellent score in my book of ice cream rankings.

I may or may not have eaten ice cream every day of my Michigan Labor Day vacation...


Of course I had to introduce Vicky to my favorite brand of ice cream (served at the wonderful Heather 'n Holly candy shop downtown): Ashby's Sterling.
Although I had pre-decided my flavor pick would be Cherry Amaretto... once I got to the shop, I was reminded of all sorts of other amazing Ashby's flavors, and I settled on the super duper chocolate-y Michigan Pothole.


Of course a trip to the Lake isn't complete without some sort of frozen sweet treat
(even if it was sweatshirt weather).
We checked out Petoskey's Bob-In Again frozen custard shop.
Bob-In's custard was a premium experience (though so were the prices...).

Additionally, Brian invited friends and family over to his house for root beer floats and cookies Sunday evening after church. Um... I couldn't say no to that!

sooo:
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday ice cream stops.

Obviously once I returned to Pennsylvania I enacted an immediate freeze on ice-cream consumption
until further notice.

1 comment:

  1. A freeze on ice-cream consumption... Grandpa would have liked that line.

    ReplyDelete