Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Big Sky

our side yard

Last month when I was home, I had a wonderful time soaking in the vast Michigan sky, painted for many hours of the day with icy shades of pink, yellow, and peach in addition to the standard blue and white. I forgot a bit what northern winter skies look like-- the beauty in the frigid-ness, and the multi-hour long sunrises and sunsets.

Of course, photos never do justice to the sky, but I snapped a couple as reminders of the lovely icy hues I enjoyed during the bitter cold.

And, by bitter cold, I mean:
below zero wind chills nearly every day I was home, with temperatures climbing into single and then sometimes double digits during the middle of the day (one day I thought 12F sounded like spring... and then I felt the wind!). I was glad for my down coat and multiple layers of clothing every day.

heading home from town

No comments:

Post a Comment