Sunday, December 2, 2012

The road home


Every time I try to take photos of our roads, I experience the impossibility of capturing depth in my photos. In pictures, the roads always look like beautiful, smooth dirt paths, no matter how pitted and 
rough they really are. 


This is a little bridge we cross not long after leaving the tarmac road on the way to Macha. You'll just have to imagine going down and then coming straight back up. Be sure you're in second gear to make the climb.



Praise God for recent rains! This is a shot from the little bridge (pictured above) just over a week ago on our way back to Nahumba from Macha (the drive takes about an hour). During the rainy season parts of the road between Nahumba and Macha are impassable... but I can't show you any documentary photos, because I haven't experienced that yet.

4 comments:

  1. trick is getting down on level of the rugged road....still probably can't capture the experience with the camera. Some things you just have to experience for yourself. PS Love the reflection in the puddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to see your pictures. those roads remind me of some of the ones we were on in Guate but I think yours are probably worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we should complain about American roads again right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they live for these puddle days. Have you seen their attitudes change yet?

    ReplyDelete