Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One time we went out for Ethiopian



I just rediscovered some pictures from the evening Heather, Malinda and I went out for Ethiopian in Lusaka in June. One of Heather’s uni friends is from Ethiopia, so Heather’s used to the real deal when it comes to injera (the staple, flat, spongy bread) and delicious relishes. 
Our fave for the evening was the spicy split pea dish… oh so tasty!

the injera

lamb (left) and chicken (right)

the incredible split pea dish

ready. set. eat.
(fingers only, please)

we agree. looks pretty unappetizing
this is what was left when we finished eating

2 comments:

  1. That looks so interesting. I've never had E food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my love of anything international (or basically just food in general) - I truly do NOT like Ethiopian food (may have something to do with eating it at 10 pm in Oregon with Ken and the kids while visiting Tim!)

    ReplyDelete