Friday, October 4, 2013

fave

dried apple rings, raw nut/seed mix, rice crackers, golden raisin mix, and olives!
I've discovered a favorite store in Lusaka-- Food Lover's (owned by Fruit and Veg City). It's a place where you can buy bulk nuts, seeds, and dried fruit (prices by 100grams). Since the trip to Lusaka is a significant and semi-rare event due to distance and cost, a visit to Food Lover's is a real treat. Last time, we even dined in their small cafe. Food Lover's cafe is exactly the type of place that would be my style, my favorite, my choice in the States!

The food. The quality. The atmosphere.
simple. delicious. healthy. 

(ok- so Food Lover's also has a donut bar, but I was much more interested in the smoothie bar... I saved that experience for a future visit though ;). Can't enjoy all good things at once)

I'm so thankful for the Food Lover's discovery. As you can see, my little box of goodies in the pantry is currently well stocked with dried apples, seed mixes, and other such amazing treasures.

1 comment:

  1. You had me from the store name. Sounds like a wonderful field trip.

    ReplyDelete