Wednesday, December 10, 2014

brillance

Julie's life philosophy:
warm = brilliant

If I had my 'druthers,' I'd settle forever in a warm (yea, some might say hot) little space on this planet-- of course it would also be full of flowering plants, plenty of green foliage, blue skies, chirping birds...

When God led me back to the Northern hemisphere, I knew my wardrobe needed some major layer updates. Those updates are in progress, and slowly, life continues to increase in comfort and joy (true confessions: it is MUCH more challenging for me to have a cheerful heart when I'm cold. And, more true confessions: I would sometimes don a light sweater at 80 degrees Fahrenheit in Zambia).

I've never been a Black Friday shopper, but this year I ventured out with friends with the word "warmth" as governance over my purchases. We combed mall stores for hours. A friend who recently moved to the US from southern Africa was in full support of any and all toasty wardrobe selections I made. Together we ooed and ahhed over all sweater sales ;)

My Black Friday purchases included:

  • fleece pj's (di.vine. absolutely wonderful purchase!)
  • sweater slippers (side note: I did have to re-sew the right pompom as it was attached off-center... definitely HAD to change...)
  • yellow scarf
  • 4 undershirts


Praise the Lord, the radiator in my bedroom (pictured behind)
has also been repaired!
Life is getting better day by day :)

2 comments:

  1. Yea for working radiators and well placed pom-poms and all things snuggly warm (which on my side of the land mass includes a sweet puppy belly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since moving to Texas, I can totally relate to feeling a bit nippy at 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Totally relate.

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete