Friday, December 19, 2014

Life Stuff

Libby getting ready for lunch with Amy and I at the Cookie House
{chicken Thai soup and white chocolate raspberry muffins}

There's not much to blog about these days.
They're just normal, wonderful days...

full of
shopping with my sisters
baking using all my favorite Michigan ingredients
raking leaves (um, yes. I know it's December...)
working on house projects
sorting through papers, papers, papers (how they do pile up when one is away...)
hunting for a car
hosting friends and family around our table
(see above picture)
washing laundry-- oh how I love my washing machine!
eating applesauce
and
collecting items to take back to Pennsylvania

Logan has been sharing venison jerky with me as he perfects his recipe. 
He's also been scouring auto ads, as he's my official car-purchasing-consultant.
Libby and I went shopping together at JoAnn fabric. (I love fabric stores!)
Naomi and I prepared a meal for some family friends (a dozen mouths). 
We also baked cookies for Christmas baskets.
Amy and I hosted our family and friends on three occasions since I've been home-- 
something we enjoy doing together.
Aaron, Brian, Logan, and I had hair dates the other evening. I opened my barber shop and my brothers are now back to their handsome-looking-selves.
Betsy and I... well... we haven't done much yet as she's mostly been on the couch recovering from her recent (planned) surgery. I made her a few of her favorite muffins in hopes of cheering on her recovery, and soon we'll be setting a date for her bridal shower.
Mom and I have been shopping and walking together, 
and Dad took us all to a Christmas concert in Frankenmuth Saturday evening.

Oh, and then there's the "not-doings"
For the first time in over two years,
I have the opportunity to enjoy a COMPLETE
break from work and work-related responsibilities.

and.
I'm loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment