Saturday, March 21, 2015

colors


Last weekend I took a flying (literal) trip home to Michigan to host Betsy's bridal shower with my sisters.
I left our Pennsylvania house at 4am Friday, and returned Sunday after 11pm.
It took me half of the week to recover!

I don't know how to be a maid of honor, and feel quite inadequate at throwing parties, but
Betsy insisted that the Saturday event was one of her life highlights.

When Amy and I brainstormed ideas for the party, we explored party game ideas that included a pinata, the game Twister, and rolls of bubble wrap...

We chose COLOR for the party theme,
since Betsy loves colors.

We chose a few of Betsy's favorite foods and snacks for the meal:
mac 'n cheese (yes, from a box)
finger jello
fish crackers
gummy bears, and
funfetti cupcakes with colored sprinkles

Of course we served colored straws with the punch,
and handed out mini packets of Betsy's favorite snacks for prizes.

We decorated with crepe paper and balloons,
and used colored markers for a fun game about Betsy's life adventures.

and...
I was so busy being the sister and hostess that
I don't have any other colorful pictures to share!
:)

The End

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the cukes.:-) And I'm guessing that you are anything BUT inadequate to plan and execute these events, having had much practice hosting get-togethers, parties, guests, teas, etc. in Zambia.

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! And you even served "Julie Mac!"

    ReplyDelete