Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Wegmans

a few of my Wegmans purchases

I am a gal of favorite places to shop...

Examples include Pine Valley Bulk Foods, Choma Dairy Co-Op, Food Lover's (a South African chain), Dillsburg Farmers' Market, and now...


I hear that Wegmans originated in New York. It's a unique grocery store, because it includes a massive take-away section and bakery... in addition to everything a "normal" grocery store would have PLUS everything an organic grocery store would have! 
On top of the impressive selection, the store's marketing is fresh and full of style.



The first time I stepped into Wegmans I couldn't believe such an establishment existed. After wandering the aisles for an hour and getting a sense of what the store might house, 
I put "visit Wegmans in detail" on my to-do-one-day list.

A couple weeks ago my roomies were out and rain clouds moved in for the entire day. So, I figured it was a perfect time to roll up and down and up and down the aisles of the massive Wegmans store.

i love.love.love choose-your-own bulk fruit/nut bins :)
this was a tasty trail mix that highlighted banana chips and dried strawberries

I made all sorts of wonderful discoveries (such as the ENTIRE aisle of teas!), carefully selected some items for purchase (including three boxes of tea), and eventually exited the store some 2 hours later. 
It was an excellent way to spend a rainy afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Your idea of a way to spend a rainy day is much different than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a fun place to shop. I'm glad you discovered that.....quite a change from the selection you had last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Wegmans! There was one in Erie PA, and when we would visit Mark's parents, we would often shop there. It's definitely a shopping experience!

    --Betsy

    ReplyDelete