Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pinterest-y project


Introducing my most recent sewing fun:
tea cosies


At Christmas (yes, I know... that was a few months back), I decided to try sewing a tea cosy. So I found a fun pattern online and bought some cute fabric, and started the project.

Last Saturday I finally finished my tea cosies (I had enough fabric to make two!), and then decided to use some scrap fabric to decorate a coordinating tea towel as well.


This photo doesn't show the detail too well, but I practiced a new technique on my machine-- quilting with the walking foot. Instead of using pre-quilted fabric from the store, I custom-quilted my own fabric for the cosies. I was impressed with how simple it was to sew (mostly) straight lines free-hand, and quite pleased with the pretty results :).


I also did a little applique (though I was disappointed there wasn't more contrast to notice the tea pot) on this little pocket.


This is my favorite of the two cosies, because the other one seemed too plain to me, and the binding didn't work like I wanted it to... and the applique blended too much with the gray fabric...


The coordinating flour sack tea towel.


It's always fun to finish cute projects.


PS- If you want to sew your own tea cosy, here's the link for the basic pattern/idea I used.

2 comments:

  1. Inspirational! That's the "C" in S.P.I.C.E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well well well. If it isn't miss suzie homemaker being all pintrest-y

    ReplyDelete