Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Red Pride

I forgot my camera, and my phone pictures are not so great...
On Saturday, Brian graduated with his bachelor's in mechanical engineering. Red Pride welled up as I cheered for the most recent group of graduates at my alma mater.

Since Saginaw Valley State University is a relatively small university, and I've spent the past number of years wandering outside of Michigan, I'm used to no one knowing about the school. In fact, when people inquire about my education, I usually just say, "I graduated from a state university in Michigan," because no one knows what "SVSU" is, and "Saginaw Valley State University" is just an extra-long way of saying the same thing... and still no one knows what I'm talking about.

Even though most folks have never heard of SVSU,  I'm proud to call SVSU my alma mater. [Side note, SVSU's College of Business and Management is an excellent AACSB accredited business college.]


It was quite special to be home for Brian's graduation and to celebrate his accomplishments together as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment