Thursday, December 15, 2016

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

...at least that's what the popular song says...

and, I tend to agree that December is a pretty swell month.

Take this December, for example, which includes my 30th birthday, weddings of two good friends, and Christmas! all wrapped up in one regular-sized month!

Speaking of wrapped up things...


check out the gift I received from Sara and Sharon for my birthday.

Likely very few people have experienced as much delight as I did Monday evening upon opening a new toaster! It's a long story, but it goes something like this...

We had an old toaster at our old house. It was basic, and that's fine.
Sad news was that it was so tiny we had to slice bagels 3 times to fit inside!
(or, smush half-bagel pieces to size under a cutting board. Yes, true story)

Then, last spring, one side of the toaster broke! 
so we had a one-eyed toaster for a couple months,
and we all agreed to dispose of our toaster when we moved.

When we arrived at our new house (boasting a fully stocked kitchen),
we began using our "new" toaster...
actually, we began TRYING to use the new toaster.

I tried and tried and tried.
This outlet, that outlet,
This setting, that setting...
etc.

The crazy toaster had a mind of its own.
Sometimes it would work.
Sometimes it wouldn't.

More than once I wound up skipping the toast and just eating bread,
because I couldn't get the toaster to work.

(I eventually discovered there's a fault in the electrical cord, so if it is positioned 
just so, the toaster will work... unfortunately, I seemed to have an extra-difficult time finding "just so." The toaster would work for my roomies, and leave me rushing out the door toast-less.)

So, that's pretty much the story of why I was elated to open my birthday gift Monday and discover a 
brand.
new.
bagel-sized
perfectly-working
sharp-looking
TOASTER.



Just one little tale from this most wonderful time of the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment