Tuesday, November 12, 2013

loved

(written Friday, 8 November 2013)
Dad and Mom's house
photo by Naomi

I've felt so loved this week.

On Wednesday evening, our family met Betsy and I at the airport and brought us home. Logan said Mom was ready to leave an entire hour early to come pick us up.

They had prepared all sorts of special snacks; I felt like it was Christmas. (pickles, crackers, Pinconing cheese, dried cranberries, hot punch...)

Dad got home from his evening Bible study and gave me a kiss. The ocean between us for the past twelve months made kisses impossible.

Amy took Charlie and I home for bed. She had washed my sheets and remade my bed with my flannel sheets! (my fave)

For breakfast, Amy and I had blueberry bagels and oat squares and drinking chocolate. I couldn't believe all the cute outfits I forgot about in my winter wardrobe! After we took Charlie on a walk, filled up the heat stove, drank a few cups of tea, and talked all morning, we went to Dad and Mom's.

Mom said I talked all day.

I helped scrape pumpkins for Naomi and Mom to can, and I sorted gifts from my luggage. Libby and I played a piano duet after she got home from school. I haven't heard a real piano play in over a year. "Music to the ears" would be an accurate statement.

I baked raspberry white chocolate muffins for dinner, and my uncle and brothers exclaimed how tasty they were. Mom, Naomi, and Lauren Mae made a simple, traditional Cook-style dinner-- complete with spinach salad-- and I was so happy. I could've just sat there and looked at the food and felt the moment and smiled without even eating. (instead I felt the moment AND smiled AND ate ;) )

There's nothing like being surrounded by people who love me.

2 comments: