Saturday, December 7, 2013

after 13.5 months...

2013, 3rd grade
My visit back home wasn't long enough to connect with all my friends and family... but I made sure it included a visit to Lydia's new house. When I left for Zambia, Lydia (and her family, of course) lived four minutes away from the Cookie House, and six minutes away from the House 'n Barn. But while I was on African soil, Lydia and her family moved to Indianapolis!
 
On Tuesday morning, I visited Lydia's 3rd grade class and shared about life in Zambia. What a treasure to spend time with Lydia (and her family, of course!)-- visiting the Indianapolis Children's Museum, enjoying ethnic food, meeting church and school friends, shopping, playing Uno, and just having a great time together.
 
Thanks, Isley friends, for an amazing visit!
 
July 2009- Two days after I arrived home from two months in Malawi


August 2007

Lydia and I have always been special friends. She was born just before I graduated from high school. All through college (and beyond) I babysat Lydia once or twice a week. We had all sorts of fun times together. This week, it was so great to be able to make some more fun memories together, after an entire year apart!

1 comment:

  1. What a special friendship. I'm so glad you two got to visit.

    ReplyDelete