Tuesday, March 28, 2017

just right

a just-right cuppa made with loose-leaf tea from Malawi

Not too long ago Sharon and I opened a fresh box of Malawian tea...
only to discover
it was odd tasting.

This was a serious disappointment.

Something went wrong in the quality control on that box...
It definitely tasted like Malawi.
While Malawi has many great qualities,
um...
its tea should not actually taste like it.
[it being the country]

{My siblings used to insist I could not tell what something inedible tasted like, but I still believe I can. And when I told Uncle Keith about our sibling dispute, he believed me.}

I mean, I think Sharon and I can be considered semi-experts when it comes to knowing the flavor of Malawian Rab's tea.
And this box wasn't it.
[it being the proper taste of Rab's Malawian tea]

anyway.

After experimenting with other available black tea options within our kitchen stash-- 

too old [sort of had a rancid taste]
too flat [how does tea even go "flat"? ...but this stuff is...]
too fruity [a very nice tea, but, just not that classic, smooth taste of Rab's]
too "American" [or Irish or... :(  ]

--I stopped drinking black tea, because it was just too disappointing.

Then, last Thursday, I decided to re-enter the test-tasting world by scrounging up two more available options from our pantry.
I started with a small bag of loose-leaf Rab's which was past its best-by date. I didn't have high hopes...

but, friends,
let me tell you:
Thursday morning's cuppa was the best one I've had in weeks!
Rab's scores again.

 And I'm oh so happy to be back in business with my Malawian tea drinking.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment