Saturday, March 18, 2017

Vist to the Sooner State


I spent last weekend in Oklahoma where I had been asked to share at a youth event.

Because of the timing of flights, we wound up with a few free hours for touring Oklahoma City before the retreat began. It's been over seven years since I was in the Sooner state, and I've never before wandered Oklahoma City, so it was fun to do some exploring.

Super cool collection of life-size statues depicting the Sooners entering Oklahoma.


I don't know if the city is always so calm, but it wins the prize for "quietest city" I've visited so far.


Friday morning we wandered Myriad Botanical Gardens downtown before making our way to Bricktown and walking the canal. The spring flowers were so gorgeous, and although the air was chilly, the sun came out enough to turn my cheeks pink.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. I'm glad you got to do some looking around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were only about 1-1/2 hours from us! Wish we had known!

    --Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we could have visited! I looked you up but my event was two hours further west of OKC and it looked like you are east of the City. :(

      Next time!

      Delete