Wednesday, October 10, 2018

vacay day

 

Vicky, Pam, and I had a fun vacay afternoon in Florida after our conference wrapped up.




When we picked up the rental car, the gal at the counter recommended we check out the nationally famous Gideon's Bakehouse.

We did (of course).

Wow those cookies are huge!
(and, no, we definitely didn't eat them all in one sitting)


In keeping with Julie/Vicky holiday tradition, we also did some taste-testing at Kelly's Homemade Ice Cream shop. Let me just say: Kelly is doing an amazing thing with pistachios, cream, and sugar. YUM.


We wandered over to Mt. Dora, which is a super cute little town I'd actually visited a couple years ago. This time, we visited the Spice & Tea Exchange, and also a specialty shoppe filled with local artisan crafts and creations. I fell in love with the hand stamped vintage silverware (so beautiful, unique, and fun), but I didn't wind up bringing any home with me-- just a few inspirational pictures.


After dark, Vicky and I wandered the town of Celebration, which has an interesting history (established in 1994), and is engineered for those who want to experience the world as pedestrians.


In the airport on the way home, I bought a thirty-two cent cup of hot water to make this buenos everything cuppa.

oolala.

Until next time, Florida...

2 comments:

  1. and now we know how much a cup of nothing costs at the airport. 7 cents more than at the college coffee shop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a vendor at our twice a year art fair that makes jewelry with old utensils. I bought a pair of earrings last year. They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete