Monday, March 11, 2013

Admission of Guilt



Yes. I am a guilty person.

It’s difficult to remember every detail of transitioning into a new job… and a week ago Friday at a police check on the way to Lusaka, the officer discovered a detail I missed. The license sticker on the front of our vehicle never got updated at the end of 2012! My mistake cost us some Kwacha, but the officer was kind enough to personally donate K20 toward our fine :).

Upon arriving home, I opened the file drawer and pulled out the new sticker, which had been prepped in November to be placed on the vehicle (which was out of town at the time) in December.

Indeed.
Guilty as charged by the people of Zambia.

3 comments:

  1. If your gonna get caught guilty by the police while in Africa I'm thinking a missing plate sticker is the way to go. Nice of the officer to make a donation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way
    that is embarrassing
    i've always kind of been afraid I would do something like that

    ReplyDelete