Friday, March 22, 2013

Visit to a sidewalk bistro



This is a chocolate experience meant to be sipped and savored… a European delight. One taste of our Trader Joe’s Sipping Chocolate and you may feel like you've been whisked away to a sidewalk bistro in Rome or Barcelona. This decadent chocolate elixir has been crafted in the European style using only the finest ingredients. Immerse your taste buds in this rich, bittersweet chocolate. 
[copied from the side of the tin]

On a recent Sunday evening, Heather and I prepared two small cups of Trader Joe’s sipping chocolate (one serving equals 1/3 cup hot milk and 3 tablespoons of the cocoa mix). We closed our eyes. “Do you feel like you’re at a café in Rome?” I asked Heather.

Yes. We both did.


I opened my eyes, only to discover that I was on the sofa in our sitting room in Nahumba. 

I looked down at my tea cup. 

It was empty.

Thanks to Monica (and Justin and Joy!),
I’m sure this won’t be the last time Heather and I
visit a European bistro right here from our Zambian home.

4 comments:

  1. Humm....TJ"s is big here but i have not tried their sipping chocolate yet.
    I will have to check it out and see if the Euro-bristo effect works here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! A friend visiting Spain said their hot chocolate taste like drinkable hot fudge :) The Europeans know how to enjoy their chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely treat from your friend! 1/3 of a cup of hot chocolate doesn't sound like much, but I imagine with the richness of it, it was just the right amount. Wonder if she had to go to Europe to find that?

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete