Monday, May 13, 2013

Simple Entertainment

From our own Choma Town
(photo credit: Emily)
As I mentioned previously, shoppe names here can be quite amusing. I thought you might like to hear some examples. There are many more (such as the Corner Bar, which is a round hut!), but here are a few from the list Heather and Chrissy compiled to-date:
  • Come In Shopping Centre
  • Hungryman’s Clinic
  • Zebra Den
  • Tooters (restroom stop between Choma and Lusaka)
  • Sweet Time Grocery
  • Get Smart Barbershop and Phone Charging
  • Last Hope Auto Shop
  • Half Moon GenDealer
  • Mummy’s Bakery
  • One Love Kabana Shopping Centre
  • Fidelity Mall
  • God’s Favour Butchery
  • Stranger’s Choice
  • Real Hope Restaurant
  • Try Us Restaurant
  • Virtue Wholesale
  • Just Imagine Centre
  • Snow White
  • Cheaplines General Dealers
  • Blessed Hair Saloon
  • Let the People Talk Investments
  • Go Disney Nite Club
  • Hot or Not Fast Foods
I must say, Last Hope Auto Shop, Cheaplines General Dealers, Hungryman's Clinic, and Tooters are a few of my all-time favorites. I also just recently noticed the Pop Inn Butchery and Ice Point here in Choma. Want to pop in sometime to check it out?

ps- Yes, we have hair saloons here...

3 comments:

  1. You know that place in the parking lot at Frankenmuth, I think they should rename is tooters. I'll put that in the suggestion box next time :) I really like Cheapliness place. I think David Zastrow would shop there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Daily outings, automatic smiles. You are a great observer of the (extra)ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun list! What type of business is Snow White?

    ReplyDelete