Thursday, August 28, 2014

Proxy Auntie


I got to play auntie this week while our friends and Sara(!) went on safari in Botswana.

What could be better than babysitting in a place where… they change the sheets, sweep the floor, wash the dishes, and cook breakfast every morning?!

Plus… there was a pool. Kiddo delight.
Despite the frigid water, I joined the kids for a swim once each day. Though, I seemed to be the only one swimming! Ha.





Cars and Legos, hide ‘n seek, pool and trampoline, stories and movies. We did it all.


A jar of Nutella [aka: “that chocolate stuff”], 2 litres of drinking yoghurt, a pile of bananas, special ginger biscuits, squishy white bread, and a jar of peanut butter… the kids were very happy eaters and would have been pleased with “tea” all day.



PS- When the kids asked how old I was anyway, I asked them how old they thought I was.
The answer: “40??”  
 : ) : )

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are keeping up your Auntie skills. You are going to need them when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since they are Americans you should really be an Ant.

    ReplyDelete