Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Emma


What an absolute delight to recently introduce Emma to my workmates here in the US. 
Emma has faithfully ministered at the Nahumba guesthouse for over 30 years. In July, she had the opportunity to travel to Pennsylvania to attend Mennonite World Conference and to visit many of us who have partnered with her in service over the years at Nahumba. 

She asked for a photo with Sara and I-- two of her "daughters."


Though we spent portions of nearly every day together for two years, I have very few photos of Emma, and even fewer with both Emma and I. So these snapshots are extra special.

I wish I could share a tribute that would honor Emma at least in part for the amazing woman she is. I wish more people could know Emma and be touched by her life... even though I'm pretty certain half of Choma already knows her :). If you don't get to know Emma here and now, you should definitely mark her down as one of the saints you'll want to spend time with in eternity.

1 comment: