Monday, August 31, 2015

Smartie Had a Party...


...and Kendra and I went :)


Kendra drove 50 minutes south, and I drove 45 minutes north,
and we wound up at the Potteigers'. We joined them for a church picnic,
complete with games and enough food to feed a major work crew.

These two have a special place in my heart. After serving in ministry-- as teenagers on Navajo land in New Mexico, and as a couple in multiple pastorates scattered throughout Pennsylvania, plus a handful of years in Romania, and also with a church in Alabama-- the Potteigers gave five years of dedicated service to our small congregation at Bethel in Michigan.

In 2010, they moved back to the hills of Pennsylvania, which is right where I found them on Saturday, just up the road from a place accurately named, "Pleasant Valley."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the time, trip, and effort put into visiting Dad and mom! You have no idea how much that meant to them! It blesses me that you blessed them in this way. Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Bev, thanks for your comment and kind words. It was really great to visit with your parents again. They are some of my heroes!

      Delete