Friday, August 14, 2015

p is for pleasure


I recently stopped at a farm market and bought some bruised peaches.
I had a lovely time baking a peach pie.

The crazy thing is...
I live with three people who don't really care for pie.
(I really have a difficult time writing that fact. It's almost impossible to believe.)

I never realized how much I appreciate a good, homemade fruit pie...
until I lived away from home.

I have three pie discoveries to share:

1) Some people don't like pie
2) Many people have only eaten "bad" pie (store pie = "bad" pie)
3) Very few people make their own pie crust

Thanks to Naomi's recommendation I also baked a little hand pie...
which I ate
all.by.myself.

Anyway- I found pleasure in taking my peach pie to work to share with my colleagues... 
I figured I could find at least 6 or 8 people in the office who would LOVE a piece of homemade, fresh peach pie.

and,
I did.

2 comments:

  1. We're definitely pie fans on Laurel! Use my Granma's pie dough recipe. Works every time.
    (Great idea, Naomi!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your title...and the photo looks delicious too! As for living with non-pie lovers....all the more for you!

    ReplyDelete