Monday, January 14, 2013

Juicy New Year

It’s hard to beat fresh tomato slices in January.

Neither Heather or I are “hamburger people,” if you know what I mean. Sure, I enjoy an occasional grilled burger, but I don’t remember the last time I had a craving for a restaurant burger (fast food or otherwise).

We agreed to splurge on New Year’s Day and enjoy two giant hamburgers. I baked the buns, and Heather mixed, patted, and cooked the burgers. After our morning in the garden, we came in to a holiday lunch.

We were excited about our burgers; I felt like such an American!



We ate those two giant burgers, just the two of us. But considering that the last time I ate a hamburger was Labor Day, and that we skipped dinner after our generous New Year’s lunch, I didn’t feel quite so guilty.

ps- I must also confess that on New Year’s Day I made a delectable discovery when I combined a bag of frozen milk, a generous drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a hint of mint in the blender. This too left me feeling like an American.


3 comments:

  1. That is one fat hamburger...the red ripe tomato kind of gets lost in the size of things.

    Glad you are able to find some ways to hold on to some of the good ol' USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the burger and the shake sound delicious. Any chance you can publish the recipe for the burger buns?

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sort of followed a basic roll recipe from Betty Crocker for the buns :)

    ReplyDelete