Monday, January 14, 2013

Stylish

Heather weeding our beans on New Year's morning.

Conrad (a local farmer friend who works with Compassionate Ministries and practices conservation farming techniques) says our yellow bean plants are stylish. Heather and I decided to be non-conventional and plant the bean plants in two circular rows around some marigolds and the nitrogen tree (yes, I know… lots of nitrogen).




We’re more than happy to share our abundant harvest if you want to enjoy yellow beans too!

Recently planted our garden: sweet corn, spinach, and cucumbers.
Recently harvested: yellow beans, two heads of cauliflower, one last cucumber (from the last planting), and one last carrot (from the last planting).


2 comments:

  1. I love the circular planting. I planted marigolds behind my lettuce to help with pesky bugs. I kind of like seeing their bright blooms among the green.

    ReplyDelete