Thursday, April 4, 2013

Baambanzi

see me? back there to the left
The path up Baambanzi was almost straight up.

It had been way too long since my last hike- which was up north last fall when a friend and I went exploring before I said good-bye to Michigan. So, last week when Chris and Marlys invited me to hike Baambanzi (Macha's mini "mountain"), I nearly jumped out of my shoes! 

Good thing I didn't jump out of my shoes, though... as the path was a bit rocky in places.

The blisters on my feet were well worth the beautiful views atop Baambanzi.


Ten of us mukuwas made the +7 mile trek Saturday afternoon. Our route was tucked off from the common rural paths of Macha, so Chris said we were likely the largest group of white 
people villagers had ever seen passing by that area.


*Photos thanks to Chris*

4 comments: