Monday, April 21, 2014

Amos Edmund

still on the lot, fresh from Japan via South Africa

As you can tell from recent posts, this month’s every-day happenings have been sprinkled with a generous dose of incredibly happy moments...

One of which was collecting the mission’s “new” (used, imported from Japan) Toyota Prado. Hours of time and massive amounts of energy and effort have gone into securing this new member of our mini fleet.

oh yeah.

Perhaps if you imagine the process of purchasing a vehicle in another country, you might begin to understand the THRILL I felt after signing the final paperwork and driving the Prado off the lot last week in Livingstone.

The Lord definitely supplies us with the strength and endurance to complete the work He entrusts into our care.

my attempt at one of those Wheeler-Dealer photos

Without further adieu, meet Amos Edmund (Amos for short). His name (we wanted something meaningful and prophetic) means:
    • Amos- Strong
    • Edmund- Happy Protection

I’m so thankful for God’s provision of Amos. May his kilometers be many, and may those within his doors be blessed with safety. May Amos be a tool for the work of the Kingdom.

Cookers, please note the incredible tinted windows!

open & load
simple & wonderful

nothing like a freshly washed car :)

good tread, eh?

incredible hauling capacity. love the fold-up back seats.
Amos has seat belts for eight passengers!



Yes, Amos is an automatic! And, though two years ago I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to honestly make this statement-- truth is: I very much enjoy driving manual. I mean, not that I don't have fun driving automatics...

I'm super excited about the thought of the ease of driving Amos in Lusaka, but, for most other driving I do here in Zambia, I prefer a stick shift vehicle (of all the Prados we looked at we only saw one that was a manual, and the frame was rusted). I am, however, definitely NOT complaining about Amos in the least ;) ;)




a fave feature for sure


...on the road again...

singin' "fiddle-y diddle-y diddle-y de..."
(Betsy, that's for you :) )

PS- When you come visit, there’s a chance you’ll get to experience Amos’s smooth and strong ride… but I’m pretty sure he’s going to be popular, so you may want to book in advance ;)

2 comments: