Wednesday, April 30, 2014

(in a word) .Drenched.


We had the privilege of visiting Vic Falls recently. Sara hadn’t visited the Falls in over ten years, and I hadn’t been since October (dry season). In all my visits to the Falls, this one was the wettest so far. Whew! Indescribably wet.

Sara and I ventured out over the walking bridge. The floor of the bridge was a rushing river, and the water was pounding so fast and hard I could hardly manage to see where I was going (my eyes got flooded!). There is such a thing as water, and then there is WATER.

Good news is it usually doesn’t take long to dry at the Falls, thanks to the lovely sunshine.

So far, my favorite time to visit the Falls is between wet and dry seasons when there’s still a good deal of water at the Falls, but not so much that viewers are flooded!




before :) 

As Heather always says… “It [The Falls] never gets old.”

ready. set.
get wet


that thundering "mist" (more like a super downpour) is what we walked through

cute :)


Heather, this is for you- your rock ;)








the Smoke that Thunders

the resident baboons are major pests...
but these are a couple fun shots Sara took
this guy is enjoying someone's chips (french fries)

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic with the rainbow framed with trees...that's a keeper. Last week I was scrolling through one of those "places you HAVE to visit" type blogs and saw Vic falls". I got excited that you got to go there, not once but again and again. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete