Thursday, May 1, 2014

one time we off-roaded up a mountain outside Harare...

...And it was a lot of fun!


Before I moved to Zambia, I didn’t realize how much I enjoy off-roading. There’s something thrilling about those hold-your-breath moments in places where 2x4 vehicles will never roam. However, as with most hold-your-breath moments in life, I prefer have off-road experiences together in good company.


Saturday afternoon in Harare we joined a group of locals for an adventure up a nearby mountain. Unfortunately, the weather was drizzly and cold (I think I looked pretty pathetic, because one of the other gals wrapped her scarf around me). Even with the overcast sky and cool wind, the views on top of the mountain were incredible.


view on the way

Tom and Meg scouting the route...
is this the "road" or is that??


waaay up there to the top of that hill is where we were going--
up by the smoke

our master driver Tom







doesn't it look like Sara's getting ready to run off a cliff?













1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful adventure...although the weather wasn't the most enjoyable it made for some rich color in the photos. I don't usually care for titled pictures but the one where it looks like everyone should be falling off that rock is great.

    ReplyDelete