Saturday, May 3, 2014

Polocrosse Discovery


I may or may not have become a Polocrosse convert today.
(uh, a fan, not a player, of course)

I even knew one of the Choma competitors!

It was a very good thing I looked up Polocrosse on Wikipedia earlier this week, so I at least knew a few of the rules and a bit of the sport's history. 




A couple weeks ago, Sara and I stopped by Farmerama to check on a parts order (that store always takes me home to my brothers and the farm), and we happened to see a poster for Choma's upcoming Annual Polocrosse Tournament. Sara had been itching to spectate at a Polocrosse game, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.


What I didn't realize was how much I would LOVE watching the tournament! 
Considering my weakness in taking risks, charging around on a horse throwing a ball from a netted long stick is not something I'm likely to start doing. The sport of watching, however... sign me up for another day of games :).






friends



so cool!

5 comments:

  1. looks like fun....but I don't think I could find any games to attend here....have to settle for the rodeo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So as I'm reading your post, and that you would probably never actually try to participate as a player, it got me thinking about how, at least, you are ALLOWED to play. I mean, your year-long, physician directed, hiatus on horseback riding or motorcycle riding has long since expired. It just always made me giggle that those were the stipulations of the final stages of your injuries to heal. No horseback riding. Check. No rides on motorcycles. Check.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, so cool is right!! I would want to do this if I ever visited. :) I'll show Kaelyn, she'll be highly impressed that you got to see so many horses; and then she'll want to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking...wow...Julie, that Africa heat must be getting to your head

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt EXACTLY the same way the first time I attended a rodeo in Texas! Something about those graceful, talented cowboys and cowgirls made me want to go buy a horse and become a cowgirl! I would attend a rodeo every weekend if I could! ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete