Monday, May 19, 2014

First

we did it!

Not only was Saturday the first ever MRT/PTR [Macha ResearchTrust, Push The Rock] Macha 5K event, it was also my first time to run a 5K!


You may be a runner, or you may be a very athletic person, or you may find trotting long distances nothing notable (in which case you likely find 5km a short distance)... 
For me, running a 5K meant hours of energy, effort, and sweat in preparation. 

so you can get a feel for Macha scenery

Eastern Uni women's soccer team (from PA)

waiting for prizes
There were perhaps 50 participants, and I was the last of the runners to complete the course (there were a few walkers behind me). But I wasn't running to be fast or first. 
I met both of my personal goals: 1) finish the race. 2) run the entire course.


It was a privilege to participate in Macha’s first annual run day (Sara and I were the lone Choma participants). 
Thanks to Eastern University women's soccer team, MRT, and PTR for a great community event!

4 comments:

  1. You Go Girl! So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Looks like you had a great time (no pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Julie! I so would have been there to cheer you on! Joel and I ran our first 5k as well. I think you finished a minute sooner than we did. Joel ran with me, even though he's faster than I am, and it felt really special to have him there by my side. The weather was beautiful the day we ran; cloudy with a little breeze. It looks as if you had a rather warm day for your run. I'm so proud of your accomplishments - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this is awesome!! What a beautiful testimony to God's grace in your life. Not only did you run a 5K--which is a terrific accomplishment in and of itself--but you did it after being about 85 years old not that very long ago!:-) God is good, ALL the time!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete