Friday, May 16, 2014

Food Lover's. Oh Yeah.

Bulawayo
I’ve mentioned my favorite store in Lusaka more than once on this blog. Part of our Zim holiday included visiting not one but TWO more Food Lover’s Markets (one in Bulawayo, one in Harare). Food Lover’s is owned by the South African Fruit and Veg City.

Taking pictures in stores is generally off-limits here (maybe in the States too—I’ve never tried!), but Sara snapped a few shots before the security fellow came and told her not to take pictures. I hope I don’t get in trouble for introducing you to a glimpse of why I love Food Lover’s :)

ooo.la.la.


Fun Fact about Zimbabwe:

You may notice prices in the above photos are listed in US Dollars. That’s because Zimbabwe uses USD as one of its main currencies (South African Rand is also popular). Zimbabwe has had some rough economic times over the past 20 years. The Zimbabwe Dollar lost value entirely (people had to use suitcases and wheelbarrows to tote around the bills!), so the government decided to adopt certain foreign currencies as official Zimbabwean tender.

2 comments:

  1. Grocery stores are not my favorite...although they do rate higher than hardware stores....but I can see why Food Lover's Market would make an expat in Africa excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous display! Someone worked very hard to put all that together!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete