Saturday, October 6, 2012

Check Engine

A few weeks ago the "check engine" light popped on in my car. I never knew my car had a check engine light, and my mechanic skills aren't so great to know what the problem was. It had been a few days, and the red light kept glowing every time I drove my car. One morning as I was on my way to work, I decided to talk with God about my check engine light problem...

I glanced down about two miles later, and the check engine light was gone. It hasn't appeared since.

This week, I had my pre-trip doctor visit, just to touch base before I move to Zambia for a year. Well, after our little visit, the doctor ordered a test to be done as soon as possible to check some stuff out. I tried really hard to cast my concerns on the Lord, but I still had a hard time sleeping that night not knowing what the test results would show. In the middle of the night, I said, "God, remember the engine light on my car?..." I asked for the test results to be clear, and ultimately for God's will to be done... whatever it was, knowing He is in control of my life and schedule.

The nurse called me an hour after the test the next morning. "Everything's normal," she said, "Have a great trip!"

The results were clear.
God answered prayer.

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for this! Sometimes we forget that our God is bigger than ANYTHING we encounter! :)

    ReplyDelete