Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Who says zebras don't live in Michigan?!

 
In preparation for leaving the country for a year, I've spent a lot of time lately connecting with friends and family. Bethany and I met in college several years ago, and though we don't see each other often, we enjoy our occasional visits.

Neither Bethany or I had ever visited Anderson and Girls Orchard before, but we thought the kids would have fun at the petting zoo. My, oh my! What a place! We left with sunkissed faces and happy memories. Anderson and Girls' petting zoo really is a zoo- lemurs, kangaroos, zebras, zebus, reindeer, goats, pigs, camels, parrots, etc.!

What's more: the petting zoo is free! Plus... there's apple cider and freshly baked doughnuts (though we discovered bees at orchards today are just as our childhood memories recall them), and a little luncheon and ice cream shop too.


The favorite animal of the day.





An unbelievable goat run!





I paid twenty-five cents for a handful of food to feed all the friendly animals.

Who knew tortises eat veggies?

for Joel and his girls



And... yep, zebus were not invented by Veggie Tales!


No comments:

Post a Comment